Various types of heart and vascular diseases are considered the most common among the serious diseases that affect modern man. Most of them are based on the development of serious malfunctions in the work and functioning of the body. One of these diseases is varicose veins, which is based on the excessive filling of blood of certain areas of the blood vessels and veins. This pathology is quite serious, it gives a person a lot of inconvenience and discomfort, and also causes various complications. To avoid them, it is necessary to carefully study the question of how varicose veins are treated with folk remedies at home.
The solution to this problem is an important question, you need to know what to do with varicose veins at home to avoid serious health problems. Despite the fact that the disease is often found in older people, it is increasingly faced by young people. This is especially true for those who spend a lot of time on their feet or lead a sedentary lifestyle.
When the first signs of a disease appear, it is not necessary to take medications immediately, you can get a quick positive result if you organize and carry out competent treatment with home remedies. To maintain your health for a long time, it is worthwhile to study the main causes of the problem, and also to know what preventive measures exist.
The main causes of the onset of the disease
The veins and blood vessels of the human body are smooth-structured muscles that tend to move with the help of their own contraction. Due to the fact that there is no standard musculature in the arteries, the process of blood movement is slightly different from other natural processes. The return of blood volume to the heart muscles is prevented by the elemental gravitational force. To overcome it, nature has specially placed the veins - in the immediate vicinity of the muscles. They work and simultaneously affect the vessels, completely eliminating stagnation and other pathological phenomena.
Low physical activity significantly reduces the speed of blood flow in the legs, which automatically leads to swelling of the veins. In addition to a sedentary lifestyle, the following factors can be noted among the causes of varicose veins:
- Decreased contraction of the leg muscles due to inactivity.
- Staying on the legs for a long time causes severe tension in the venous valves. This is typical for vendors and hairdressers.
- Hereditary predisposition to the chronic form of varicose veins.
- Decrease in the amount of essential nutrients contained in the vessels, resulting in general weakening.
- People are tall, because they often lack natural resources to supply blood to the heart.
- Female. Their body contains progesterone, which reduces the overall tone of the venous walls.
- Various problems with the nervous system, which seriously complicates the process of transmitting nerve signals.
- Severe alcohol abuse, which automatically leads to excessive enlargement and dilation of blood vessels and veins.
There is another provocative, but rather controversial factor: representatives of the white human race very often suffer from varicose veins.
Signs and symptoms of the disease
Blood vessels and varicose veins can be identified by every person. Anyone can determine the signs of this disease, especially in its advanced state. Among the main characteristic clinical signs are the following:
- Strong expansion of the superficial veins. They take on a dark blue-black hue and a sinuous shape;
- The legs begin to swell a little, often immediately after intense exertion;
- Convulsive phenomena and pain appear in the calf area;
- In the lower leg, seals and various allergic rashes are formed;
- A constant feeling of heaviness appears in the legs. This is especially felt in the areas of swollen nodes.
At the onset of the pathology, a slight swelling of the veins is observed, which often goes unnoticed. For this reason, the patient does not go to the doctor, and therefore his illness begins.
The modern pharmaceutical market offers a large number of drugs, but they should be used as the disease progresses. At the initial stage, it is quite possible to do with folk remedies, organizing the treatment of varicose veins on the legs at home.
Basic treatment methods
Varicose veins or varicose veins can be treated without medication. To achieve a positive effect, it is enough to understand the basic principles of pathology. The disease manifests itself due to a lack of essential vitamins and useful elements in the venous walls. There is also too much stress on the natural venous valves.
There is no special panacea for this disease. There is no such pill, after taking it it would be possible to completely eliminate the problem.
To achieve a successful result, a tightly integrated approach is required. This will seriously improve your health, as well as create the foundation for full recovery.
Proper rational nutrition
Human life and the optimal functioning of the body depend on the elements that come from food and drink. A person very often builds his diet on harmful food products, forgetting about such useful substances that should enter the body. This is a balanced amount of fat, protein, as well as macro and important micronutrients. To get them, you need to fill your diet with the following important foods:
- All possible fruit and vegetables. Cabbage, apples, all kinds of citrus fruits, berries - currants, cranberries and others - are natural sources of health-beneficial minerals and equally important vitamins.
- Foods rich in all types of proteins, as well as calcium. This is a variety of fermented milk products, in particular kefir or cottage cheese.
- Porridge based on oats, common buckwheat, wheat: they contain potassium useful for the body, as well as sodium and magnesium.
These are all important elements involved in the structuring of the vein walls. The vessels become strong and elastic, all manifestations of the development of varicose veins are gradually eliminated.
Along with important and necessary products, there are many of them, the consumption of which will have to be seriously limited. You cannot drink large amounts of strong coffee, alcohol. It is worth forgetting about smoked and harmful canned foods, a large amount of sugar and salt, and you also need to exclude very fatty and fried foods. It is recommended to replace all this with simple, boiled or stewed dishes.
Traditional therapy methods
The treatment of varicose veins with various means of alternative therapy has been practiced for several centuries. You can cope with the disease through a variety of infusions, decoctions and compresses. With their correct application, you can quickly get rid of all manifestations of the disease and its development.
Each therapeutic method deserves to be examined in more detail.
Treatment with dye
The main agent in the process of obtaining active nutrients from plants is alcohol or vodka. A high-grade liquid is able to quickly extract useful substances from plants, preserve and enhance their main action. Here are two of the most effective recipes that many use in the treatment of chronic varicose veins:
- Kalanchoe leaves should be mixed with alcohol or vodka in a one to one ratio. All this is infused for a week, preferably in a dark place. With the prepared tincture, you need to rub your feet for about a month.
- It is necessary to take 50 grams of horse chestnut inflorescences sold in pharmacies, pour them with a liter of medicinal alcohol and leave them to infuse for two weeks. While waiting for the preparation of the medicine, it is necessary to shake it every day. As soon as the composition is ready, it will need to be placed in the refrigerator and consumed inside 2 tablespoons three times over the course of a week. The medicine should be taken for 7 days. After that, a five-day break is arranged and the course is repeated again.
Water can also be used to prepare the medicine, but it will no longer be a tincture, but the infusion and effectiveness of the medicine will be slightly less.
The following recipes can be used as an effective decoction for varicose veins. It is not difficult to prepare them, just follow these steps:
- Two tablespoons of nettle are poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for half an hour. The resulting broth should be consumed a quarter of a glass three times a day. The total treatment time is one month.
- It is necessary to grind 100 grams of nutmeg, pour a glass of boiling water over it. You have to wait a while to cool to about 50 degrees and add a spoonful of honey. The first dose of the decoction is taken one hour before breakfast, then every two hours all subsequent doses are taken. In this mode, the broth should be consumed for a month.
Similar to the nutmeg recipe, you can make calendula tea. Here you need to take 30 grams of the plant as a basis.
Tablet therapy is most effective in eliminating the signs of varicose veins. This method is quite popular and is often used simultaneously with other modern and traditional methods of therapy. Among the various options for tablets are the following:
- Tomatoes are not only a very useful product for humans, but also an ideal remedy to combat varicose veins. To make a tomato wrap, you will need to cut a vegetable and attach it to a sore vein. The tomato is fixed with gauze and an elastic bandage and kept for two hours;
- Willow-based compression is performed in a similar way. To get it, you need to grind some young shoots of the plant and attach them to the affected area. It is necessary to keep such a compress for 3-4 hours and repeat this manipulation every day without time limit, that is, until healing;
- Fresh fern juice is often used in folk medicine. It eliminates varicose veins quickly enough, but it is necessary to cook it correctly. A small amount of juice should be mixed with an equal volume of sour milk, moistened with gauze and applied to a swollen vein;
- White cabbage leaves should be treated with regular inexpensive laundry soap and a small amount of baking soda should be sprinkled on the skin. After this procedure, the sheet is attached to the leg with a regular bandage and left overnight;
- Potato peels are the best remedy for varicose veins. They will need to be boiled, cooled and applied to the leg. You need to walk with such a compress for several hours;
- A compress of chamomile and bitter wormwood helps. Both of these components can be used. This is an ideal remedy for the early stages of the disease. To prepare a medical compress, you will need to take a couple of teaspoons of a previously dried and crushed plant, then pour boiling water over it and let it brew for 30 minutes. The resulting infusion should be moistened with gauze and then applied to areas with diseased veins for about two hours.
They are all quite effective and easy to prepare recipes. If you approach the problem of treating veins with folk remedies, you can quickly achieve a lasting positive result.
Apply apple cider vinegar
To beat varicose veins at home, use apple cider vinegar compresses and rubbing. Experts advise to use strictly complex treatment with this composition. A feature of this treatment is the ability to apply vinegar not only externally, but also internally. With the right approach, a positive result will appear quickly enough.
To create a solution for internal use, follow these steps:
- You need to take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- Dilute the vinegar with a glass of water;
- It is necessary to use the resulting solution three times a day and strictly before meals.
To enhance the action and effect, you can use foot baths and compresses with vinegar. If we are talking about an apple cider vinegar bathtub, it should be a bathtub and not basins of water. Fresh water is sucked into the tub up to the knees, 0. 5 liters of vinegar are added and everything is thoroughly mixed. Feet in the resulting solution must be held for about 5 minutes, no more. It is not necessary to scrub, they should dry themselves and it is advisable to do this in a position where the legs are slightly raised.
As a supplement, scrub your feet with apple cider vinegar before going to bed. After such a procedure, it is advisable not to clean the feet, but to let them dry naturally.
What should you avoid?
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs will give a positive result only with careful adherence to the prescribed dosage and the correct lifestyle. However, there are some situations where the positive effect will not appear in its entirety.
This is based on various factors that negatively affect the legs in life. Among them, too severe loads can be noted in everyday life, as well as in the gym. All this creates difficult conditions that favor the progression of the disease. It is imperative that you check your work and free time.
Excess weight, which exerts constant pressure on the legs, has a particularly damaging effect. Most often, it is enough to simply reduce weight to normalize the condition of the legs and blood vessels, as well as the whole body as a whole.
Experts with varicose veins prohibit canned massage sessions, as well as honey. These procedures seriously aggravate the overall situation. If a person takes certain hormonal drugs, it is imperative to inform the doctor about them. Another important point is high-heeled shoes, it is better for women to refuse them.
If there is a tendency to develop varicose veins by occupation, if there is a hereditary predisposition, it is worth considering some rules of prevention. Here are the most basic:
- There's no need to get carried away by hot baths, saunas and long-term sun exposure. All this reduces the tone of the veins and leads to congestion in the legs;
- You need to move more. This greatly strengthens the veins and also improves blood circulation. Moderate, without overload, jogging, aerobics and swimming, it will quickly heal all blood vessels and veins;
- It is important to reduce weight in all possible ways, as overweight people very often suffer from varicose veins. Overweight people have more blood flowing through their vessels than people with normal weight. You need to lose weight and try to keep your weight in a normal state for life;
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes or stockings or stockings with cuffs that are too tight. These things tightly tighten the veins, which will further aggravate the situation;
- It is worth alternating the type of activity evenly, it is very harmful to stay in one position for a long time;
- You can't cross your legs! Hence, a serious obstacle to normal natural blood flow is created;
- The cause of varicose veins is very often long-term daily standing and prolonged sitting. In this case, it is necessary to change the position of the body from time to time, do minor exercises or walk after work;
- If you don't have the time and desire to do daily exercises, you can use the minimal program. In the morning, after waking up and before going to bed, you need to turn your feet and toes in different directions for 5 minutes. This will significantly improve the general circulation in the legs;
- After a long job, when you get home you should pour cold water on your feet. A similar procedure should also be done after taking a bath or shower. This will keep the veins and blood vessels in good shape.
If varicose veins, as a disease, do not yet exist, if there is only a predisposition to it, a little self-massage will be a unique preventive measure. The essence of this procedure consists in gently stroking and kneading the legs in the direction of the bottom and up.
If varicose veins are already progressing, massage measures are categorically contraindicated.
If after a day's work you feel constantly fatigued, you should keep your legs elevated during rest and also during sleep. Simply put a small pillow or roller under them. If work activity is associated with long-term sitting at the desk, it is worth changing the general position of the legs as often as possible and also from time to time to make simple movements - turning the feet and stepping in place.
There are several sports that are very useful and are the optimal prevention of varicose veins. This includes activities and categories such as walking, jogging, skiing and cycling.
Varicose veins are a rather serious disease. At the first sign of this, you should immediately consult a doctor and discuss acceptable treatment options at home with him. Careful adherence to the advice given to them and a change in lifestyle will allow you to quickly overcome a disease that has just begun. Failure to comply with the rules can lead to serious complications, which can only be eliminated by surgery.