The legs are most affected by varicose veins. The farthest part of the body from the heart needs a rest regime, support for tired and weakened blood vessels. And we "exploit" our legs until we see an expanded surface web, edema, painful lumpy bumps, and we don't lose sleep from pain.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is not an alternative to drugs. Because the main drugs are based on plant raw materials. To cure the disease, it is useful to use the accumulated experience of traditional medicine.
All the methods used should eliminate or prevent the causes of varicose veins:
- improve the density and elasticity of the vascular wall of the veins;
- repair failing valves;
- increase blood flow in the vessels of the legs due to the fluidity of the blood, reducing its coagulability;
- prevent the formation of blood clots and thrombophlebitis;
- have an anti-inflammatory effect;
- a diuretic property is useful to relieve local edema.
For home use, it is necessary to choose medicines that:
- easy to prepare and apply;
- they do not have a toxic effect;
- keep well in the refrigerator;
- can be grown on a windowsill or in the country, bought at the market;
- relatively cheap.
Methods of treatment
All alternative methods of treating varicose veins are divided into general and local.
The general ones include a certain diet, baths, ingestion of infusions and decoctions. Many herbal remedies are used both internally and topically.
Local application is based on the use of lotions, compresses, applied to the most painful place. It is necessary to learn how to prepare ointments.
The duration of the treatment courses is offered by doctors from a month or more. Interruptions not exceeding a week, replacement of one product with another are possible.
Diet for varicose veins
Healers with extensive experience do not recommend starting therapy for varicose veins in the legs without a fasting diet. It should be observed for 5-7 days, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight.
The essence of the diet: the exclusion of white bread, pastries, sweets, pastries, hot spices, alcohol, coffee, meat and fish dishes. The liquid is not limited. It is necessary to eat only vegetarian food: fresh fruits and juices as much as possible. Cranberries, blueberries, sea buckthorn, and figs are considered particularly valuable. Two days later, add rice porridge, buckwheat, fresh greens in salads with vegetable oil, soup from young nettles.
This diet is recommended monthly for 2-3 days. People with varicose veins in the legs are advised to completely abandon starchy foods (bread and pastries made from high-quality flour, boiled potatoes). You can boil potatoes in their uniforms, add bran to food.
General medical procedures
They have an effect on the whole body, normalize blood circulation.
Varicose veins can be treated with baths. They are contraindicated in cases of thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers.
The contents of the bath are prepared in advance: boil equal half an hour for half a kilo of oak, willow and chestnut twigs (it is better to do this in an enamel bucket). Then fill the solution with herbs in 4 pharmacy packages (chamomile, twine, St. John's wort) and steam overnight. Separately in the morning, rye bread is boiled (3 loaves), filtered and poured into the bath.
The procedure should be carried out before bedtime for about 40 minutes, the water temperature should be observed at 38-40 degrees.
For soda baths, it is necessary to dissolve a whole packet of water in a bathtub or 6-7 tablespoons per 5 liters for the feet only.
You can cook only willow bark (two handfuls of broken twigs in a three-liter saucepan), boil for half an hour.
Two or three tablespoons of dry raw materials from crushed bark are enough for foot baths, and dried crushed milk grass is also shown (2 packs of 50 g each).
Combinations of herbs are recommended: hazelnut leaves, birch, chamomile flowers, clover, hops, pine buds.
After the bath, it is necessary to perform a light massage from the bottom up, put on elastic stockings and slightly raise the feet.
Recommendations for internal use
Folk recipes for oral administration are very ingenious. They offer a remedy or a combination, decoctions, water infusions, alcoholic tinctures. Broth is easier to prepare in a large thermos, while retaining all the properties of a water bath. Filter before use.
- Nettle is a well-known remedy for varicose veins. 2-3 tablespoons of dry leaves are placed in a half-liter thermos with boiling water. To insist 40 minutes are enough. You need to drink 1/3 cup one hour after eating.
- Antonov apple infusion - two or three small apples are poured with a liter of boiling water and wrapped for four hours. Then knead them and drink half a glass of broth with honey on an empty stomach and at night.
- Alcoholic tincture of celandine - sold in pharmacies, it is recommended to drink it in 9-10 drops with a spoonful of milk, before meals, three times a day.
- Soda solution - prepared before use (one teaspoon in a glass of warm water), it is recommended to drink in the morning and evening.
- Treatment with garlic with honey: chop 250 g of garlic, mix with 350 g of honey, leave for at least ten days. Recommended for a spoon half an hour before meals.
- Boil a decoction of a mixture of oak bark, willow branches, chestnut for half an hour, then add chamomile, St. John's wort and leave for 12 hours. Drink with honey, first 50 ml, after two days, 150.
It is recommended to combine the reception of herbal remedies with baths, local treatment. The course of therapy is two months.
Local means the effect only on the pathological inflamed area of the leg veins.
Use juices for lotions
Local procedures in the form of compresses, lotions will require preliminary preparation of the necessary solution, ointment.
- Apple cider vinegar - is considered a remedy for improving vascular tone. They are rubbed with painful areas with varicose veins twice a day. For internal use, add two teaspoons to 250ml of water.
- Potato juice - used to treat ulcers. Grated gruel is applied to the ulcer and bandaged, after five hours the bandage is changed.
- Cabbage leaf compresses - help relieve pain and inflammation in the skin. The sheet is tied up at night.
- Hop cones - Prepare a spoonful in a glass of boiling water. Lotions of the prepared medicine are applied or it is allowed to drink a glass before meals.
- Wormwood - leaves and flowers are used, they are ground into a gruel, diluted with kefir and applied to places with dilated veins.
- Tomatoes should be used only sufficiently ripe. Varicose veins are covered with lobules, covered with a bandage. After 3-4 hours, the compress is changed to a new one.
Kalanchoe - used in the form of alcoholic tincture for rubbing. It is necessary to properly prepare the solution: after cutting, the leaves are stored in the cold for 5-7 days, then scroll through a meat grinder, pour vodka (you can navigate in volume, Kalanchoe in dishes should be 2 times less), insist in the dark for another week. After exertion, the agent can be used in the treatment of dilation of varicose vessels. It is suitable for long-term storage.
An alcoholic tincture (2/3 of vegetable raw materials) is prepared from acacia flowers and birch buds for a week to lubricate the skin over the diseased veins.
From oriental medicine, the properties of the Adam's apple are known to have a positive effect on vascular tone.
Green walnuts - crumble into small pieces and drizzle with olive oil. You have to be in the sun for at least forty days. Then you can lubricate the affected areas.
Medicinal collection of chamomile, St. John's wort, yarrow, calendula, oak bark and horsetail is recommended to use to clean trophic ulcers, relieve inflammation.
Horse chestnut is used both externally and internally. Use the leaves and flowers of the plant. For compresses, infuse with water such as tea. And for internal use, an alcoholic tincture is prepared. Store in a dark place for at least two weeks. Drink 30 drops before meals.
The Adam's apple is the fruit of a rare maklura tree that grows in the southern regions. It is not used internally, as the juice is poisonous. From the crushed fruits, an alcoholic tincture is prepared for grinding. It is recommended to keep it in the dark for a month.
How to make homemade ointment
Based on ointment, herbal remedies stay longer above the lesion site, penetrate deeper better. For ointments, vegetable oils, decoction of flax seeds, lard, chicken fat are used. A concentrated herbal decoction is added to the melted and heated base. Cook over low heat, stirring for five minutes.
Collections of herbs are used with ointments, they do not need to be prepared daily: eucalyptus leaves, dandelion roots, celandine grass, lemon balm, lilac flowers, clover, chamomile, calendula, fir needles. Everything is prepared in equal quantities before mixing it with an ointment base.
Store these ointments in the refrigerator. Apply to the skin with a greasy layer, massaging gently. Covered with compress paper and a warm bandage. It is best to apply ointment compresses at night.
The bee sting contains hirudin, which thins the blood and prevents the formation of blood clots. Treatment by bees involves a mandatory bite in the external venous node. At first, the patient feels pain and burning, these phenomena soon pass on their own, and with them the protruding venous nodes are removed.
Folk remedies for varicose veins are far from harmless. These are concentrated plant extracts with strong side effects when taken orally. This is especially true for people with diseases of the stomach, pancreas. Herbs affect the acidity of gastric juice. Therefore, their use can exacerbate chronic diseases of the digestive system.
It is necessary to monitor for allergic manifestations (itchy skin, rash, swelling). Discontinue use further if these symptoms occur.
To use folk methods, faith in the remedy and patience are required. Few people pay attention to the recommendation to walk at dawn in the morning in thin cotton socks on the dew of the grass and not take them off until the feet are dry. This enchanting recipe brings out nature's safest gifts.