Many drugs have a positive effect on increasing the elasticity of blood vessels and normalizing blood flow in the legs with varicose veins. When a patient comes to see a doctor, she assesses the degree and characteristics of the disease and prescribes medications.
Also, the patient can receive a recommendation on traditional medicine and other methods of treatment, since with a complex therapeutic course there is a high probability of positive results. What is best for varicose veins of the legs, we will consider in this article.
Varicose veins: what is this disease?
Varicose veins are a vascular disease. It occurs most often under the skin on the muscles.The appearance of the legs, on which varicose veins have formed, becomes ugly: the bluish color of the swollen and wavy vessels is visible. . . Phlebologists are treating the disease.
The disease begins due to the loss of elasticity of the veins. Nodes are formed on them, the outflow of blood is disturbed, the valve apparatus does not work.This situation contributes to an increase in blood pressure in the legs due to stagnation, which leads to stretching of the vascular walls.. . . Such veins are already visible through the thin epidermis and become visible on the legs.
Consequences in the absence of treatment
It is extremely important to timely take care of the vessels, as the problem begins with the spoiled appearance of the legs, and then serious complications develop.Immediately, after the onset of the first signs of varicose veins, the disease responds well to treatment, but when it is already in a neglected state, surgery is also possible.
And the complications of varicose veins are as follows:
- Thrombophlebitis. . . Blood clots form on the elongated walls of the veins. These blood clots can sit in one spot, attaching themselves to the vessel from the inside, but they sometimes migrate through the body and therefore there is a risk of blocking a vital vein. Hence, with this disease there is a risk of death. Another option for the development of the situation with thrombophlebitis is the risk of gangrene.
- Bleeding. . . Often, varicose veins are damaged and profuse bleeding begins. It is not easy to stop it, but it is possible. And the consequences of this will take a long time to heal, and that's at best.
- Trophic ulcer. . . It starts with the presence of dermatitis or itching on the skin. After this, a wound is formed, from which lymph exudes. Ulcers of this nature are able to become infected and spread to other parts of the leg. This sometimes leads to limb amputation.
To prevent such sad scenarios, it is necessary to seek medical assistance in a timely manner.
Choose the most effective remedy for varicose veins on the legs
Medicines against varicose veins are divided into several groups, it depends on the specifics of their effect on diseased vessels:
- Venotonic drugs. . . They are divided into venotonics and phlebotonics. These funds have the properties of increasing the tone and strengthening the walls of the leg veins.
- Blood thinners. . . After taking them, the blood becomes more liquid and this prevents thrombosis from occurring.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. . . They have an analgesic effect and relieve inflammation.
Drugs of these groups are included in the therapeutic course in a complex way and all together give a positive result. Remedies for varicose veins are produced in the form of tablets and in the form of ointments. They are particularly effective in eliminating the symptoms of varicose veins early. Thereafter, surgery (phlebectomy) is often required.
Most of the means for treating varicose veins have many analogues containing a specific active ingredient. Thus, patients have the opportunity to select drugs with a similar effect on the disease at an affordable price.
The ointment in the treatment of the disease helps to improve the condition of the veins in the legs, and also helps preventively. . . They perform the following functions:
- increase the tone of the vascular walls;
- eliminate the painful sensation in the lower limbs;
- relieve swelling of the legs;
- improve the functioning of the valve system;
- reduce the risk of serious consequences.
Important!Dosage forms of medicines in the form of ointments can serve only as auxiliary agents for the treatment of varicose veins.
Reviews, as the best remedy for varicose veins of the legs, has an ointment with polysulfuric acid mucopolysaccharide ester.Its use is fully justified in the early stages of the disease.. . . It successfully copes with the feeling of heaviness and itching in the legs, their swelling, prevents the appearance of varicose veins and tortuous veins under the skin, does not allow the formation of blood clots, and in addition, if they are already present, has a resorption effect.
The tablet form, unlike ointments, has a pronounced effect in the treatment of varicose veins. Phlebologists prescribe these drugs as the main part of the therapeutic course.
This form of the drug allows you to: improve vascular tone, activate blood circulation in the legs, relieve inflammation and eliminate microcirculation problems.
Groups of anti-varicose drugs in tablets:
- venotonic and phlebotonic drugs;
- antithrombotic drugs;
- non-steroidal analgesics;
- salicylic ester of acetic acid.
Important!The course of treatment is prescribed by a phlebologist. In no case should you self-medicate with pills, as it is dangerous to health and life.
Among the tablets that help get rid of varicose veins, the most popular are the following drugs:
- A medicine belonging to the phlebotonic group. It increases the vascular tone and strengthens them. Contains active ingredients - dihydroergocristine, aesculin and rutoside.
- Dihydroergocriptine with caffeine.
It reduces the permeability of the veins and increases their tone.
- A preparation based on horse chestnut seeds. Reduces the number of stars, stops the inflammatory process, reduces swelling of the legs, activates microcirculation.
- A drug with a semi-synthetic flavonoid that has a positive effect on the circulatory system. It also strengthens the capillaries, reduces inflammation.
In the very early stages of varicose veins, when only heaviness in the legs was noticed or a network of vessels on the limbs was seen, it is possible to use such folk remedies:
- Garlic compressor. . . To do this, take chopped garlic and butter (1: 2). The mixture is rubbed and placed in the evening on the areas of the lower limbs affected by varicose veins, fixed. In the morning, the compress is removed.
- Alcoholic infusion of chestnut for oral administration. . . To prepare the product, pour 50 g of vegetable dye with 500 g of alcohol. Insist half a month. Filter and take three times a day before meals.
- Kalanchoe ointment. . . This product is prepared in a 1 liter jar, which is half filled with the leaves of the plant, and then topped up with alcohol. Insist for 2 weeks in a dark place. Rub the legs with the ready product.
One of the most effective methods of relieving the condition of the legs iscompression stockings. . . This is a type of underwear that has a compression effect.
With the help of him, the affected veins are compressed, which contributes to the acceleration of blood circulation and the disappearance of the stagnant process.
Important!Although this underwear has useful qualities, it can only be an addition to traditional treatment, but not an independent therapeutic tool.
hirudotherapyIt is a treatment with medicinal leeches. This method is able to alleviate the condition of a person with varicose veins. After a course of procedures, the viscosity of the blood usually decreases, anesthesia occurs, and the inflammatory process is relieved.
Varicose veins are a treatable disease, but it is necessary to undergo therapy on time. In this case, you should consult a phlebologist. Patients should not self-medicate, because it carries great risks of harm to health and sometimes to life. The article describes the best treatments for varicose veins which are popular, but the doctor should prescribe medication.